BlessingsInTheMire

Blessings In The Mire was chosen for this blog because it is the name of my recently completed NON-fiction book, that book that did NOT win in Writer's Digest's 74th annual competition. I'm shocked.... lol. I will be releasing chapters of this book, morsel by morsel and you can look into the deep shit, err, uh, excuse me, I meant 'mire' of my life, if you like. First, I must figure out HOW to do this. Wish me luck and remember that I am open to your expertise.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Rather, Let's Practice Random Acts of KINDNESS

20 year old, Kayla Fanaei, sitting in her car in Burmingham, Alabama is shot as she talks with a friend on her cell phone. She was a victim of an apparently random, obviously senseless act of violence. With all the talk of the Law of Attraction, it is difficult to reconcile such horror, such pain for her loved-ones. Why would anyone attract this? Kayla was beautiful, inside and out, but she was much more than that. She was an honor student with hopes of being a psychologist, that she could help others. Kayla Fanaei did not wish to 'attract' such an untimely death. She did not intend to leave behind her grieving family and friends. She was, undoubtedly, at the wrong place at the wrong time. As for the Law of Attraction, it must be a tremendous gift of love that is left in the place of such a lovely person. The reason for such a premature death, must be love. Love is what remains when the pain and grief subside. Love is the purpose of Kayla Fanaei's life. And it (that love) is only magnified by her absence. Love is immortal. Immortality is the love we leave in other's hearts when we are gone.
Sending warm blessings and prayers for your hearts to heal tenderly.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home